These are our Responsibilities
To be a truly responsible supplier, we need to consider how we act in every section of our business from our product designs considering the recycling, material sourcing, responsible manufacturing, and generally how we act as an employer to all our stakeholders.
Through the provision of multi-functional, flexible furniture, which has coexisting properties, our customers are able to fit more functionalities into smaller spaces. With the aim of reducing the amount of redundant furniture and space, we believe our innovative concepts can help customers use less m2, saving not only money but also reducing their environmental footprint.
All designs are ergonomic to ensure that we are providing the best furniture for our customers’ health.
At Ocee International, we recognise the importance of knowing the origin of the materials. We are working on developing all our product documentation to give you as much information as possible, so you too can make an informed choice and responsibly consume. Our goal is to provide environmental data for our complete product list detailing the material breakdown, recycled content, and recyclability at end-of-life; aiming all for all products to be at least 95% recyclable to aid the circular economy.
Our product development team, Studio Ocee, are continually researching new materials and methods to make our products more sustainable throughout their lifecycle. For example, we focus on using components and materials that do not contain chemicals harmful to human health or the environment, adhering to low VOC emissions where we possibly can. All new products coming to market will have assembly and disassembly in mind, considering the end-of-life at the beginning to ensure responsible disposal. Our timeless designs mean that trends can come and go, but our furniture will sustain. To exemplify this new sustainable design, please follow the link to our EU Ecolabel certified range to understand more. The EU Ecolabel is an award of environmental excellence based on every stage of the product lifecycle.
We encourage our customers to choose a sustainable fabric with our designs to ensure minimum impact on the environment and users.
Our Supplier Code of Conduct is based on the ten principles of the UN Global Compact, including Human rights, Labour standards, Corruption, and the Environment. We want to communicate to our suppliers the level of international standards that we expect them to adhere to. In addition to this, we conduct annual supplier questionnaires which expand on our Code of Conduct and incorporate more in-depth questions. These questions concern their responsibilities as an employer, as a manufacturer and their relationship with their suppliers, looking to ensure standards from our Code of Conduct are adhered to further down the supply chain.
At Ocee International, we aim to reduce our negative output to society and the environment. In accordance with ISO14001 to manage these outputs, we must monitor our usage and set annual reduction targets. Our main resource KPIs for the next five years are listed below:
- To ensure 0% of waste from manufacturing across the group is sent to landfill
- By 2022 to be solely provided by renewable energy for manufacturing sites and showrooms
- To offset our CO2 emissions annually to at least Scope 2, but to consider out international flight consumption in addition
Currently, at two of the three company sites, we send 0% of waste to landfill. Where possible we will recycle all materials down relevant channels. Where this is not possible, we send waste to be incinerated where the heat from the process is converted to energy that is sold back to the grid.
At two of the three companies, we have partial provision of green energy with the ambition the increase this to all company sites, including showrooms. In the meantime, as a group, we have committed to offsetting our non-renewable energy usage, including our international flight consumption. In 2019, we planted 472 trees in the UK to offset our CO2 emissions making our manufacturing sites Carbon Neutral to Scope 2, with a company which focused on tree planting in inner cities for social and environmental benefits. In 2020 we have decided to increase our scope to include all showrooms. We have also chosen a slightly different route to offset our emissions, focusing on rewilding programmes in countries which we believe are in higher need.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven, and people-centred employer who has a passion for people and treats everyone with dignity and respect. With a family-oriented, collaborative, agile, fun, inclusive, flexible, and rewarding culture, we acknowledge that to sustain economic growth; we must invest in our people and the environment.
- Our international group encapsulates a broad range of employees who all have diverse backgrounds and experiences, bringing unique collaborations together
- Our work environment focuses on protecting the health, safety, and welfare of all who work both for and with our business
- We appreciate and recognise the important contribution of everyone and ensure that we offer opportunities for learning, development, and growth
- The physical, mental, and financial wellbeing of our employees is extremely important to us, and we enable the wellbeing of individuals and their families through compensation, benefits, policies, and practices
- We get involved in community and charity activities and establish clear standards for ethical behaviour and integrity within Ocee International
At Ocee International, our focus to embrace change will help us to grow and strengthen as a business.
Ocee International wants to guarantee transparency. Incorporating principles from the UN Global Compact into our practice ensures we only involve ourselves in decent business; working to prevent issues of human rights, labour conditions, the environment and anti-bribery.
- Modern slavery and Human trafficking
- Anti-bribery, Fraud and Anti-collusion
- Equal opportunities and Diversity
- Sustainable and Ethical Procurement
- Anti-harassment and Bullying
Explore our CSR Policy