FOUR DESIGN AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Four Design A/S develop, manufacture and sell canteen and conference furniture for customers worldwide.
Four Design A/S has always focused on the environment, in our own production as well as in the production of our suppliers. Thus environmentalism is thought into our products and has always been a part of Four Design’s everyday life.
Four Design A/S strives to be a pioneer in the development stage of our industry whilst ensuring that legislations are conformed with.
In addition, we will:
• Continuously improve our production and products in order to optimize resources and minimize the impact on the environment as much as possible.
• Prevent emissions and contamination.
• have focus on our partners’ ability to continuously make environmental improvements.
• Constantly maintain focus on environmental impacts by educating and motivating our employees to be environmentally conscious.
• Minimize energy consumption and in addition, endeavour to restrict/replace raw material and subsidiary materials which could be a burden on the environment and the climate.
• Maintain an open dialogue with authorities, neighbours and other stakeholders about our environmental conditions.
Diplomas and Certificates
Four Design A/S can document our commitment to the environment. We have been awarded the
Miljøforum Fyn’s Environment Diploma in 2010 , 2012, 2014, and obtained ISO14001 certificate in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.
For further information about Four Design and our environmental commitment, please contact our Department of Environment.
MiljøForum Fyn is a sustainability network consisting of approx. 110 companies from the private sector together with the municipalities and other public environmental authorities in the Danish region Fyn. The mission of MiljøForum Fyn is to promote sustainable business development with a focus on environmental responsibilities.
One of the objectives of MiljøForum Fyn is to promote cleaner technology and environmental management in the region’s private sector through the provision of advice from the public environmental authorities to the companies about ideas, experience and methods. This service is free of charge. Member companies of MiljøForum Fyn undertake to draw up an environmental assessment report within two years from joining the network and every second year thereafter. The environmental assessment report must be in compliance with the criteria laid down by MiljøForum Fyn, including as a minimum:
• The environmental policy of the company
• Key figures and data for the most significant environmental impacts
• Assessment of environmental impacts and a priority of actions to meet these
• Goals for continued improvements
• An action plan for improved environmental performance
The environmental assessment report must be submitted to MiljøForum Fyn and must be publicly available. The public environmental authorities and MiljøForum Fyn evaluate every environmental assessment report in terms of the achieved results and action plans for future efforts. If the statement meets the criteria laid down by MiljøForum Fyn, the company is rewarded with af MiljøForum Fyn diploma and flag. An environmental assessment report drawn up as described in the manual meets the requirements of the statutory Green Accounting Report and is based on the principles of the international environmental management systems ISO 14001 and EMAS excluding requirements of an external audit of the management system itself.
The international standard for environmental management, ISO 14001, was launched in 1996 by The International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ISO is a cooperation between 153 national institutes of standards, and is the world’s leading environmental management standard. The standard was last updated in 2004.
With a certified ISO 14001 environmental management system the company can document that its processes, activities and qualifications focus on minimizing the external environmental impacts.
The standard therefore requires/demands that the company commits itself to:
• Conforming with environmental legislations
• Preventing polution
• Constantly improving their environmental action
The standard hereafter describes the elements in a management system which will enable the company to meet these obligations:
• Environmental policies
• Implementation and operation
• Control and corrective actions
• Managerial audit